Wednesday, September 27, 2006

First Batch


These are a few images taken by my lovely loverboy of my first round. Please see more of his luminous photography at acrossthehall.smugmug.com. These pots are destined for a high fire glazing in the next few days and I can't wait to see them finished.

More images coming soon. I am currently working on a few sculpture projects. One is seen here. I had to make a rooster head for a very ugly metal rooster body with gingham and other folk assorted flavors. It is to be raku fired using Bruce Odell's glazes and techniques. This is the finished rooster product except for the addition of eyes after a long philisophical battle with my father. I believed this to be a souless project and the rooster to be a nearly eyeless animal anyway, but I was quickly and consistently re-informed that I had to do it his way. So, concede I must for now, but soon it will be my way...everytime.

No comments: